This Privacy Notice is issued by AmInvestment Bank Berhad and its subsidiaries AmSec Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd and AmSec Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd (collectively 'AmInvestment').
As part of AmInvestment’s day to day business, we collect your Personal Information when you apply to open an account with us, subscribe to any of our products or services or communicate with us. In return, we may use this information to provide you with our products or services, maintain our records or send you relevant information.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ('PDPA'), we are required to inform you:
|(i)||of the type of Personal Information we collect and how we collect it;|
|(ii)||how we use your Personal Information;|
|(iii)||the parties that we disclose the Personal Information to;|
|(iv)||the choices you have with regards to the extent of Personal Information you provide;|
|(v)||the difference between information that is considered mandatory or optional; and|
|(vi)||how you access and update your Personal Information.|
Your privacy is therefore important to us and we are committed to protecting your Personal Information by collecting and using your Personal Information in accordance with the PDPA.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- "AmBank Group" refers to AMMB Holdings Berhad and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries and associate companies, including, but not limited to: AmBank (M) Berhad, AmIslamic Bank Berhad, AmInvestment Bank Berhad, AmSec Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn. Bhd., AmSec Nominees (Asing) Sdn. Bhd., AmInvestment Group Berhad, AmInvestment Services Berhad, AmFutures Sdn Bhd, AmIslamic Funds Management Sdn Bhd, AmCard Services Berhad, AmGeneral Insurance Berhad, AmMetLife Insurance Berhad and AmMetLife Takaful Berhad.
- "Personal information" refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us. This information may include your name, NRIC number, address, occupation, contact details, details of your account(s), the type of products and/or services subscribed to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) including Sensitive Personal Information.
- "Sensitive Personal Information" refers to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs etc.
The Kind Of Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us deal with your inquiries, open and operate an account/facility/insurance policy for you or to provide you with our products and services, we may be required to collect, use, disclose and store (i.e. "process") your personal and/or financial information. Such personal and/or financial information is required amongst others to:
- establish your personal identification and background;
- establish your financial standing and creditworthiness where required;
- establish the condition of your health if you wish to procure insurance policies offered by us; and/or
- supply you with any of our products and/or services applied for.
We may also obtain your Personal Information from the following sources:
- Your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms when applying for our products or services, when transacting on your accounts, when using our online or electronic services, when taking part in customer surveys, competitions, promotions and during performance of financial reviews;
- Your verbal, written and/or electronic communications with us or our authorised agents;
- Third parties connected with you, such as your employer, joint account holder, security providers, guarantor(s), other partners in your partnership, or through our corporate customers or corporate security providers where you are a director, shareholder, officer or authorised signatory;
- Analysis and research on the way you use and manage your account(s)/facility(ies) with us;
- Your access and use of our services, transactions you make and payments effected through your account(s)/facility(ies);
- Images captured by closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras at our branches, office premises or third party premises where our self-service terminals are located, when you visit our branches or office premises or use our self-service terminals at third party premises;
- Credit reporting agencies and publicly available sources such as through searches at relevant government authorities or agencies; and/or
- Any other sources which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
When you provide Personal Information related to third parties to us, such as your next of kin or nominees, you confirm that you have obtained their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their Personal Information to us.
The Personal Information we collect can be either mandatory or optional. Mandatory Personal Information consists of your information that we require so that we can provide you with the required products and services. If you do not provide us with the mandatory Personal Information, we will not be able to provide you with those products and services. Optional Personal Information consists of your information that is not obligatory to be provided to us. If you do not wish to provide your optional Personal Information, you may still apply for our products and services. Mandatory and optional Personal Information may differ for our various products and services and these will be indicated in the application forms of our products and services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Other than as stated above, we may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Assess your eligibility or suitability for our products which you had applied for and to verify your identity or financial standing through credit reference checks;
- To notify you of more and up to-date information such as improvements and new features to the existing products and services, development of new products and services, competitions, promotions and offers from AmBank Group or third party business partners which may be of interest to you;
- Manage and maintain your account(s)/facility(ies) through regular updates, consolidation and improving the accuracy of our records. In this manner we can respond to your enquiries, complaints and to generally resolve disputes quickly so that we can improve our business and your relationship with us;
- Conduct research for analytical purposes, data mining and analyses of your transactions /use of products and services to better understand your current financial/investment position and future needs. We will also produce data, reports and statistics from time to time However such information will be aggregated so that your identity will remain confidential;
- Comply with the requirements of any law and regulations binding on us such as conducting anti-money laundering checks, crime detection/prevention, prosecution, protection and security;
- Enforcement of our rights to recover any debt owing to us, including transferring or assigning our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreement with us;
- perform shared services within AmBank Group such as audit, compliance, legal, human resource, finance and risk management;
- Outsourcing of business and back-room operations within AmBank Group; and
- Any other purpose(s) that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, standards, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
We will seek your consent before using your Personal Information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and/or in the terms of any of your agreement(s) with us.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
As part of providing you with our products and services we may be required to disclose certain information about you and/or your accounts and facility (ies) with us to the following third parties:
- our agents and service providers who assist us in processing, administering, fulfilling transactions or providing services to you on our behalf, or to fulfill value added services that you have requested;
- our external professional advisors and consultants who provide services to us, for the purposes of our business, operational, legal and regulatory requirements;
- any person(s) authorised or appointed by you to give instructions to us on your behalf such as your agents, accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers, brokers and intermediaries;
- any guarantor(s), security provider(s) or any person(s) intending to settle any moneys outstanding under the facility(ies) granted by us to you;
- any person(s) connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of our rights or transferring the rights, interests and obligations under your agreement(s) with us;
- any third party(ies) arising from the restructuring of facilitiy(ies) granted to you, sale of debts, acquisition or sale of any company by AmBank Group provided that the recipient uses your information for the same purpose(s) as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- other financial institution(s) for the purpose of fulfilling the transactions required by you;
- any rating agency(ies), credit reporting agencies, insurer(s), insurance broker(s), re-insurers loss adjusters or direct/indirect provider(s) of credit protection and in the event of default of a facility granted to you, to debt collection agencies;
- from one AmBank Group company in which you had earlier subscribed to a product or service, to other AmBank Group companies, for marketing of their products and services that may be of interest to you; and/or
- relevant stock exchange(s), clearing house(s), depository(ies), relevant share registrar(s), company secretary of listed issuer of securities, any competent authority(ies) and/or regulator(s) for the performance of their functions
Subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, standards, guidelines, and/or obligations) applicable to us.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to a location outside Malaysia:
Otherwise, we will not disclose your information to others, except where:
- to countries or territories where transfer has been specifically allowed under the PDPA;
- when you have consented to the transfer to such location outside Malaysia;
- in order to complete the transaction required by you, such as when you wish to trade in foreign shares listed in a foreign stock exchange , we may disclose your Personal Information to foreign stock exchange(s), clearing house(s), depository(ies), brokers and regulators;
- when the transfer is necessary to fulfill a contract between us and a third party located outside Malaysia, which is entered into pursuant to your request;
- when the vendor or service provider providing various type of services to us (including data storage services), is based in a location outside Malaysia, in which instance, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure that such vendor or service provider has the relevant technical and organisational security measures to protect Personal Information;
- for the purposes of legal proceedings outside Malaysia and for us to obtain legal advice or to defend our legal rights; or
- when you are a person who is subject to foreign laws, your Personal Information may be disclosed to any competent authority or regulator in the relevant foreign jurisdiction.
- you have provided express consent for us to disclose your Personal Information (excluding your financial information) to our third party strategic alliance or business partners for marketing of their products and services to you;
- you have not notified us that you do not wish to receive marketing material(s) from us;
- we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- we are required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over AmBank Group
- we may transfer rights, interests and obligations under our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authorities.
Rest assured, that at all times, we will respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We place great importance in ensuring the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organizational security measures when processing your Personal Information. Further information on security controls is available at our Website Security Statement at www.amesecurities.com.my.
Retention Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be retained in compliance with this Privacy Notice and /or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with any AmBank Group company for the duration of your relationship or for such period as may be necessary to protect the interest of both AmBank Group and you. Such retention is also necessary as required by law or in accordance with our internal policies.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Personal Information
If you wish to access and/or make changes to your Personal Information, you can make a request using our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form. These forms are available at all our branches as well as our website, www.amesecurities.com.my and we will endeavour to comply with your request to access and/or correct your Personal Information within 21 days of receiving your completed form and the relevant processing fees.
Please note that we may withhold access to your Personal Information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity, where the information requested is of a confidential commercial nature or when there are repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reason(s) for not being able to accede to your request. We may also request for more documentary evidence to avoid incidence of fraud and/or inaccurate information.
In order to enable us to serve you better, we seek your assistance to continuously keep your Personal Information up to-date.
Exercising Your Choice In Respect Of The Disclosure And Use Of Your Personal Information For Purposes Of Marketing
You may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure and use of your Personal Information with us. In the event you choose not to receive any marketing material(s) from us or any of our third party business partners, you may either (i) contact us at the contact details provided below; or (ii) by choosing to opt out from receiving marketing material, a choice provided for in the relevant application/proposal forms of our products or services.
Please note that:
- irrespective of the choice you make in relation to the above, you may still contact us subsequently through the channels provided below in order to change your choice. Your latest choice communicated to us will apply. We shall update your most recent marketing preference in our database within a reasonable period of time after we receive the communication of your choice;
- we may not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third party business partners with whom we have already shared your Personal Information, when you had provided your express consent earlier;
- certain communications such as our statements of account, correspondence and websites may contain standard information regarding our other products and services that cannot be removed without affecting the delivery/provision of our services and/or products, the operation of your account(s) and/or facility(ies) with us, and/or additional costs to you.
Revisions To The Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time and if there is/are any revision(s), it will be posted on our website and/or other means of communication deemed suitable by us. However any revision(s) will be in compliance with PDPA.
Personal Data Notice By Bursa Malaysia
Please note that when you open an account with AmInvestment Bank Berhad or AmSec Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd or AmSec Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd, your personal information will be sent to Bursa Malaysia Berhad and its related companies ("Bursa Malaysia"). Therefore, please be notified of Personal Data Notice issued by Bursa Malaysia, which is available at Bursa Malaysia website, www.bursamalaysia.com
If you have any enquiries concerning this Privacy Notice, you may contact or email to:
|Customer Service Executive|
|Tel. No.||:||603-2031 0102 (Monday-Friday, 8.30a.m. - 5.30p.m.)|
|Fax No.||:||603-2078 3162|
|Mailing Address||:||8th Floor, Bangunan AmBank Group|
55, Jalan Raja Chulan
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Updated on: 30/03/2015